Laser Therapy Reduces Pain and Speeds Healing
A Plus Animal Hospital is excited to offer our clients Companion Laser Therapy. Laser therapy provides a non-invasive, pain-free, surgery-free, drug-free treatment which is used to treat a variety of conditions and can be performed in conjunction with existing treatment protocols.
The laser can be used for:
– Treatment of arthritis, degenerative joint disease, or hip dysplasia
– General pain management (sprains, strains, and stiffness)
– Post-surgical pain (spays, neuters, declaws, and other surgeries)
– Skin problems (hot spots, lick granulomas, infections)
– Dental procedures
– Fractures and wounds (bites, abrasions, burns, and lesions)
– Ear infections
Laser therapy stimulates the body to heal within. Non-thermal photons of light are administered to the body and absorbed by the injured cells. The cells are then stimulated and respond with a higher rate of metabolism. This results in relief from pain, increased circulation, reduced inflammation, and an acceleration of the healing process. Simply put, it provides relief – as the laser is administered, your pet will relax and enjoy the treatment.
What are the signs that my pet can benefit from Companion Laser Therapy?
Many of our laser therapy patients are older animals with musculoskeletal ailments. Some signs that your senior companions experiencing pain or discomfort are:
– Abnormal sitting or lying posture
– Circling multiple times before lying down
– Whining, groaning or other vocalization
– Limping, unable to get up or lie down
– Difficulty getting into car or down stairs
– Lack of grooming
– Won’t wag tail
– Licking or biting area
If you recognize any of these signs in your pet and if you have more questions please call our office or contact us via email. Our doctors and staff will answer any questions you might have!